Tuesday 26 November 2013

Weird But True : Woman Marries a Ferris Wheel.


Talk about weirdness! Getting married to other humans isn't enough, some people now marry inanimate objects!


That's the story of Linda Ducharme, a Florida woman who got married to a ferris wheel named Bruce. Ferris wheel - as in jangolova!

The New York Daily News reports that Ducharme first met "Bruce" at a carnival in 1982 and it was love at first sight for her.

“I got this weird feeling I can’t explain. My heart was pounding as we went up the platform and got on the ride. I felt like I was being taken by this ride," she said.

This is Ducharme's first weird affair. Her previous relationships include a fly-by-night affair with an airplane and a romance with a train that eventually derailed.


The marriage was conducted by a non-denominational priest who resigned from the Catholic Church over his role in the ceremony.

“I tie you flesh to steel,” the priest said, according to the Independent.

Ducharme then repeated the vow: “I Linda, take you Bruce, in this sacred marriage. I pledge to you my heart, my body and my spirit.”

One thing is for sure - definitely this is one marriage that will be filled with "ups and downs." LOL

Watch the video below and leave a comment......

No comments:

Post a Comment