Friday 17 January 2014

HOW SWEET: It's Been 25 Years - Tunde Obe Talks About His Undying Love For His Wife, Wunmi

Showbiz couple Tunde and Wunmi Obe are one of the most celebrated and scandal-free celebrity couples in Nigeria and Tunde in an interview with Yes Magazine talks about his wife and his undying love for her.
photo

How does it feel to be doing the same thing with your wife?
I guess maybe because we met doing this. It’s not strange. It wasn’t like we got together, then we started music. We were musicians. She was on her own, we were in school, she was doing her thing with her own band; I was doing my own thing with my own band – Turning Point. And when her own brand broke up, she joined my band. So, we met as musicians and we were both singers, then we became friends, then we found out that we had so much in common and here we are 25 years later.

Are there times you feel like being on your own and without Wunmi? Because you people are always together, both at home and at events…
I have actually told her before that her juju is very powerful (General laughter). I have told her many times – the day I discover your juju man, I will strangle him so I can be free of this. But sincerely speaking, I never get bored with my wife. I don’t know why, I can’t explain it, but I really always look forward to seeing her; I always wanna be with her and it’s vice versa. Even when I travel, if I have to travel for any reason, we are on the phone for like 2,3 hours at a time. It’s ridiculous that after 25 years it’s still like this. I don’t know whether other people’s marriages are like that.

But for me, it’s shocking that we enjoy each other’s company so much, up till now. I mean, I am telling you that I am shocked; I’m amazed about it. Maybe as we get older we will be bored with each other, but for now, I enjoy being with her. Unfortunately, we are not together as much as people think. We are only together when we work and all that. Most of the time, she goes to do one run, I go to do another thing. Right now, she’s not even back home. I’m missing her and hoping she will come back soon (Laughs).

What do you love most about Wunmi?
I think the fact that she has a good heart. You see, in these end times, you find that a lot of people are just wicked in their hearts. People come into relationships with already pre-set goals and targets; what they want to achieve in that relationship and it’s all about them. And you can never make a relationship work when it’s all about you; both partners in that team have to open their hearts.

You have to open your heart to the other person, take all the nonsense and then you have to be ready to forgive; you have to respect the other person. You can’t be married to somebody you don’t respect. So, for me, what I love most is her heart. She has a good heart and no matter how she comes across sometimes. I know that inside, she’s only protecting that soft heart she has. She’s very loving.

What don’t you like about her?
I’ve always told her and she gets upset. I wish she would shop less. Because she buys a lot of things that she doesn’t need. She buys things that sometimes for one year she will not go near them. So, I wish she would do that less. Especially now; with the economy being what it is.


What’s the nicest thing that Wunmi has done for you?
Ah!  It has to be regarding the kids. Carrying the children, three of them for nine months. If you see them when they are in their third trimester or what do they call that thing of pregnancy, you will pity them o! They will look like balloon. I mean, I think that for me is the nicest thing. They are our kids anyway, but it’s a lot of sacrifice for a woman to lose her body like that for nine months.


What hasn’t Wunmi done for you?
I can’t think of any. Because most of the things that I really think are important to me, if I discuss them with her, she normally complies. She’s a very reasonable person, so if there’s really something that really matters that much to me; that I need from her, she will do it.
READ MORE:  http://news.naij.com/56882.html

No comments:

Post a Comment